Saturday, September 2, 2017

IIM-A director Ashish Nanda: Sad to leave before the expiry of term

IIM-A director Ashish Nanda: Sad to leave before the expiry of term



"The best time to quit is when you are sad and not when you are happy so this is the apt time for me to leave" shares Ashish Nanda, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad outgoing director.Ashish Nanda quits from his post after holding the position as the director of the IIM-A, for four years though he was appointed as a director for a period of five years. In an interaction with the media Nanda said "I want to leave when I am sad and not when I am very happy. I want to leave when reporters ask me why are you going than when are you leaving, so this is a good time. But since, you are from Gujarat so you are aware that the best food is the one that has salt and sugar in right proportions. Similarly, this is such a moment when I have a sense of achievement and fulfillment but a sense of nostalgia and sadness at the same time". As Nanda quits, Errol DʼSouza, Professor of Economics, and the Dean of Faculty at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has been chosen as the interim director of the institute, effective from September 2, 2017.Nanda also told media that the former director of IIM-A also suggested him not to wait for the last day to quit when Nanda sough an advise from the former director on the right time to leave.“Because during last days (of your term), there will be so much of politics being played around, the media starts digging up stories, people start jockeying with each other. If you are fond of ribbon-cutting and delivering convocation speeches then you are most welcome to stay, you will find many in the next two three months but if you want to do some work then forget it," suggested the former IIM-A director.“I am here not to cut ribbons but work. So I thought that I should choose the date when I am happy to feel that I can have good work till last day in-spite of wondering in my last days that what I am doing here. So the next day of the convocation, I told the chairman that I will leave on September 1, the day when I complete four years. For me it is a labor of love. I really like working here and putting in my energy,” Nanda elaborated on the reasons of stepping down.He also ruled out the questions and speculations of any differences between the board and government.



Repost:-
https://www.brainbuxa.com/education-news/iim-a-director-ashish-nanda-sad-to-leave-before-the-expiry-of-term-7052
"BRAINBUXA" https://www.brainbuxa.com/


Repost:-
http://brainbuxanews.weebly.com/brainbuxa/iim-a-director-ashish-nanda-sad-to-leave-before-the-expiry-of-term
"BRAINBUXA" http://brainbuxanews.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment